As you get ready for holiday get-togethers, I thought you’d like this punch recipe, made with Sprite and Minute Maid lemonade. (Don’t you love that we get two of our drinks in this punch?)
The recipe is from a 1967 magazine ad, and I think it still stands up!
Tingle Bells Punch
2 quarts cranberry juice
1 can (6-oz) frozen Minute Maid lemonade concentrate, thawed
½ cup maraschino cherry juice
60 ounces of Sprite, well chilled
Combine all ingredients. Serve over ice in punch bowl. Garnish with lemon slice, orange wedge and maraschino cherry alternated on cocktail picks.
Makes about 40 4-ounce servings.
This recipe deserves a try if only for its great name! Happy holidays!
More on Journey
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961