Today is New Year’s Eve, which is known as a day to celebrate the incoming year -- and the one we are leaving behind.
I know people who mark the day to both extremes -- and every way in between. They may attend big black-tie parties, go to a restaurant or stay at home.
This 1957 “Sign of Good Taste” magazine ad shows a group staying home with family and friends to ring in the New Year. With popcorn, a fire in the fireplace and bottles of Coke, it sounds like a nice evening!
More on Journey
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler