Today is New Year’s Eve, which is known as a day to celebrate the incoming year -- and the one we are leaving behind.
I know people who mark the day to both extremes -- and every way in between. They may attend big black-tie parties, go to a restaurant or stay at home.
This 1957 “Sign of Good Taste” magazine ad shows a group staying home with family and friends to ring in the New Year. With popcorn, a fire in the fireplace and bottles of Coke, it sounds like a nice evening!
More on Journey
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria