Today is New Year’s Eve, which is known as a day to celebrate the incoming year -- and the one we are leaving behind.
I know people who mark the day to both extremes -- and every way in between. They may attend big black-tie parties, go to a restaurant or stay at home.
This 1957 “Sign of Good Taste” magazine ad shows a group staying home with family and friends to ring in the New Year. With popcorn, a fire in the fireplace and bottles of Coke, it sounds like a nice evening!
More on Journey
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- 4 Fun, Little-Known Facts About Fanta
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit