Today is the Company's Annual Meeting, and I wanted to tell you about the first female member of our Board of Directors. Her name was Lettie Pate Evans, widow of one of the original Coca-Cola bottlers, and she joined the Company’s Board of Directors in 1935. She served until 1953.
Other female Board members have included Anne Cox Chambers (1981-1991), Cathleen Black (1990-present), Susan King (1991-2004), Maria Elena Lagomasino (2003-2006) and Alexis Herman (2007-present).
You can see all of our current Board members here.
More on Journey
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit