Today is the Company's Annual Meeting, and I wanted to tell you about the first female member of our Board of Directors. Her name was Lettie Pate Evans, widow of one of the original Coca-Cola bottlers, and she joined the Company’s Board of Directors in 1935. She served until 1953.
Other female Board members have included Anne Cox Chambers (1981-1991), Cathleen Black (1990-present), Susan King (1991-2004), Maria Elena Lagomasino (2003-2006) and Alexis Herman (2007-present).
You can see all of our current Board members here.
More on Journey
- Honoring a Native Son: Coca-Cola Exhibit, Panel Pay Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and His Nobel Peace Prize
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961