Today is the Company's Annual Meeting, and I wanted to tell you about the first female member of our Board of Directors. Her name was Lettie Pate Evans, widow of one of the original Coca-Cola bottlers, and she joined the Company’s Board of Directors in 1935. She served until 1953.
Other female Board members have included Anne Cox Chambers (1981-1991), Cathleen Black (1990-present), Susan King (1991-2004), Maria Elena Lagomasino (2003-2006) and Alexis Herman (2007-present).
You can see all of our current Board members here.
More on Journey
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- Honoring a Native Son: Coca-Cola Exhibit, Panel Pay Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and His Nobel Peace Prize
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria