Yesterday I had the honor of introducing Olympian Sergey Bubka at the World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta.
Mr. Bubka is the 1988 Olympic gold medalist and the current world record-holder in pole vaulting with 6.15 meters. (That’s more than 20 feet!) His record has stood for almost 15 years.
He’s also a member of the International Olympic Committee and President of the National Olympic Committee of Ukraine.
We were thrilled that Mr. Bubka could help us install our latest piece into the World of Coca-Cola – an Olympic Torch from the 2008 Games in Beijing.
Since World of Coca-Cola opened in May 2007, we’ve had a display of Olympic Torches used in the Olympic Torch Relay, an event sponsored by Coca-Cola since 1992. The Torch from Beijing is a great addition to our exhibit.
More on Journey
- Step Inside the Walmart Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- 4 Fun, Little-Known Facts About Fanta
- Dispensing Refreshment: These Innovations Have Helped Spread the Enjoyment of Coca-Cola Through the Years
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit