Yesterday I had the honor of introducing Olympian Sergey Bubka at the World of Coca-Cola in Atlanta.
Mr. Bubka is the 1988 Olympic gold medalist and the current world record-holder in pole vaulting with 6.15 meters. (That’s more than 20 feet!) His record has stood for almost 15 years.
He’s also a member of the International Olympic Committee and President of the National Olympic Committee of Ukraine.
We were thrilled that Mr. Bubka could help us install our latest piece into the World of Coca-Cola – an Olympic Torch from the 2008 Games in Beijing.
Since World of Coca-Cola opened in May 2007, we’ve had a display of Olympic Torches used in the Olympic Torch Relay, an event sponsored by Coca-Cola since 1992. The Torch from Beijing is a great addition to our exhibit.
More on Journey
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests