Did you know that in the 1950s, a number of Coke ads featured famous African-American sports champions? Among them were Larry Doby, the first Black baseball player in the American League; Chicago Cubs Hall of Fame first baseman Ernie Banks; and Olympians Jesse Owens and Alice Coachman. In fact, we have each of these ads on display at the New World of Coca-Cola.
More on Journey
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- 'Blizzard' of Taste: How Fresca Lived Up to Its Tagline, Literally, for 1967 Debut in New York
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?