Did you know that in the 1950s, a number of Coke ads featured famous African-American sports champions? Among them were Larry Doby, the first Black baseball player in the American League; Chicago Cubs Hall of Fame first baseman Ernie Banks; and Olympians Jesse Owens and Alice Coachman. In fact, we have each of these ads on display at the New World of Coca-Cola.
More on Journey
- Honoring a Native Son: Coca-Cola Exhibit, Panel Pay Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and His Nobel Peace Prize
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History