Did you know that in the 1950s, a number of Coke ads featured famous African-American sports champions? Among them were Larry Doby, the first Black baseball player in the American League; Chicago Cubs Hall of Fame first baseman Ernie Banks; and Olympians Jesse Owens and Alice Coachman. In fact, we have each of these ads on display at the New World of Coca-Cola.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times