As we are entering the holidays, here is a recipe that will add to the festive atmosphere. It’s actually taken from a magazine ad for Sprite, from 1966.
The ad starts with this line: “Here’s a punch that comes in loud and clear.”
1 6-ounce package lime-flavored gelatin
2 cups hot water
½ to 1 cup bottled lime juice
2 12-ounce cans frozen concentrate for limeade
90 ounces of Sprite
1 teaspoon almond extract
Dissolve gelatin in hot water. Then stir in frozen concentrate for limeade. Add lime juice.
To serve, pour into bowl over 1 ½ quarts of cracked ice. Add Sprite.
Makes 48 4-ounce servings.
If you like a little more spirit, add a fifth of vodka.
If you serve this to your guests, let me know how they like it!
More on Journey
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement