Though things may change, right now Australia is third in the Olympic medal count from Beijing.
Did you know that the 1956 Olympic Games held in Melbourne, Australia, were the first Games held in the Southern Hemisphere?
Coca-Cola newspaper ads gave people an opportunity to attend these special Games. And, just as important, special Coke visors distributed at Olympic venues gave spectators some relief from the sun.
More on Journey
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?
- 2,000 Pieces and 28 Years Later: Life-Sized Coke Puzzle Nears Completion
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership