Though things may change, right now Australia is third in the Olympic medal count from Beijing.
Did you know that the 1956 Olympic Games held in Melbourne, Australia, were the first Games held in the Southern Hemisphere?
Coca-Cola newspaper ads gave people an opportunity to attend these special Games. And, just as important, special Coke visors distributed at Olympic venues gave spectators some relief from the sun.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival