Though things may change, right now Australia is third in the Olympic medal count from Beijing.
Did you know that the 1956 Olympic Games held in Melbourne, Australia, were the first Games held in the Southern Hemisphere?
Coca-Cola newspaper ads gave people an opportunity to attend these special Games. And, just as important, special Coke visors distributed at Olympic venues gave spectators some relief from the sun.
More on Journey
- Honoring a Native Son: Coca-Cola Exhibit, Panel Pay Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and His Nobel Peace Prize
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals