Famous industrial designer Raymond Loewy described the Coca-Cola contour bottle "as a masterpiece of scientific, functional planning" and "one of the classics of packaging history."
While some people believe that Loewy created the contour bottle, that's not the case. Loewy did work with Coke, though, in a number of ways. He created the distinctive bottle for Fanta, coolers and fountain dispensers for Coke, and even a wall-mounted bottle opener with a cover that caught the caps once they came off.
More on Journey
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests