You may have read recently that we’ve introduced a 2-liter bottle with the contour shape in the U.S. – in Birmingham, Alabama, and Chattanooga, Tennessee.
I’ve told you about our “king-size” and “family-size” contour bottles for Coke that came out in 1955. Those bottles also had the contour shape but held more than our original 6 ½-ounce Coke bottle.
The 2-liter PET (plastic) contour bottle is the next evolution. Just as the contour bottle helped distinguish Coca-Cola from other drinks in straight-sided bottles in 1916, the new 2-liter bottle will help everyone notice Coke on store shelves. And the shape of the new bottle actually makes the bottle easier to hold and easier to pour. Form meets function!
You can read all of the details about the new Coke 2-liter bottle here.
More on Journey
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler