Last Friday I asked you to give me your best
As a thought-starter, I shared this Coke parrot festoon from 1933.
I got some great captions:
- Arrr! I'm looking for something to wet me whistle. When I see it with me one eye, I'll know fer sure that it's an iced cold Coke. Arrr! It's what me needs right now. She's the booty in my buried treasure. When me drinks a
Coca-Coladown the hatch, it shiver me timbers! Arrrr!
- Coke, Coke, Coke and a bottle of rum! (A varation of the old pirate song "Ho, Ho, Ho and a bottle of rum".)
- What did the Pirate say after eating his parrot? Arrrrrr Wings go better with Coke.
- aaarrrrggg Mattie what scoundrel stole me bounty of
Coca-Cola? Go find him so we can make him walk the plank!
- Avaste mattie hold my can of Coke. When I hold it, my hook punches a hole in the can and it all leaks out.
And the winner is: “What did the Pirate say after eating his parrot? Arrrrrr Wings go better with Coke.” That was submitted by someone who calls herself “I've got a loser as a husband.”
Congratulations! I’ll be sending you a
And I hope everyone will come back tomorrow for the next Friday Fun caption contest!
More on Journey
- From ‘Hilltop’ to ‘America is Beautiful’: Coke’s Enduring Legacy of Inclusive Advertising
- ‘We're Treasure Hunters at Heart’: Step Back in Time With a Tour of Cracker Barrel’s Décor Warehouse
10 Things You Didn’t Know About
Coca-Cola’s Sustainability History
- A Journey to Atlanta Mayor Began with a Coca-Cola Stand
Coca-Cola: Brand and Fashion Designer Reprise Partnership With Summer Capsule Collection