Last Friday I asked you to give me your best
As a thought-starter, I shared this Coke parrot festoon from 1933.
I got some great captions:
- Arrr! I'm looking for something to wet me whistle. When I see it with me one eye, I'll know fer sure that it's an iced cold Coke. Arrr! It's what me needs right now. She's the booty in my buried treasure. When me drinks a
Coca-Coladown the hatch, it shiver me timbers! Arrrr!
- Coke, Coke, Coke and a bottle of rum! (A varation of the old pirate song "Ho, Ho, Ho and a bottle of rum".)
- What did the Pirate say after eating his parrot? Arrrrrr Wings go better with Coke.
- aaarrrrggg Mattie what scoundrel stole me bounty of
Coca-Cola? Go find him so we can make him walk the plank!
- Avaste mattie hold my can of Coke. When I hold it, my hook punches a hole in the can and it all leaks out.
And the winner is: “What did the Pirate say after eating his parrot? Arrrrrr Wings go better with Coke.” That was submitted by someone who calls herself “I've got a loser as a husband.”
Congratulations! I’ll be sending you a
And I hope everyone will come back tomorrow for the next Friday Fun caption contest!
More on Journey
An Instrumental Drink: How the Sounds of
Coca-ColaInspired a Musical Marketing Strategy
Coca-ColaFans Dress Up as Their Beloved Brand for Halloween
- JourneyxJourney: Behind the Scenes of a Storytelling Road Trip
- Roadside Roundup: #JourneyxJourney Crosses Midway Mark
Noma Bar Adds Graphic Touch to
Coca-ColaPolar Bears in Holiday Packaging Designs