I’ve mentioned that our Coca-Cola Polar Bear turns 15 this year.
For this week’s Friday Fun contest, I have a very different polar bear. This parade float is from a “Spring Festival” parade in Peru in 1952. A polar bear wouldn't be part of a spring festival in Atlanta, but the picture is fun! (And I don’t understand the Spirograph behind the bear!)
The game: Write a funny, clever or “punny” caption for this photo. Send it to me using the “comments” section below. The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, Dec. 17.
The prize: I’ll announce the winner (i.e., my favorite or the funniest) on Thursday, Dec. 18. The winner will receive a Coca-Cola prize from my “goodie closet.”
I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
More on Journey
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- 'Blizzard' of Taste: How Fresca Lived Up to Its Tagline, Literally, for 1967 Debut in New York
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler