I’ve mentioned that our Coca-Cola Polar Bear turns 15 this year.
For this week’s Friday Fun contest, I have a very different polar bear. This parade float is from a “Spring Festival” parade in Peru in 1952. A polar bear wouldn't be part of a spring festival in Atlanta, but the picture is fun! (And I don’t understand the Spirograph behind the bear!)
The game: Write a funny, clever or “punny” caption for this photo. Send it to me using the “comments” section below. The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, Dec. 17.
The prize: I’ll announce the winner (i.e., my favorite or the funniest) on Thursday, Dec. 18. The winner will receive a Coca-Cola prize from my “goodie closet.”
I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
More on Journey
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests