This week, I'll have a few Coke holiday themed posts to share with you. I'll start off today with a pair of commercials from 1958 that remind us that "Holiday time's a good time for the great taste of Coke." The first commercial shows a family on a toboggan riding down a hill, then making a pit stop to get more Coke before ending up in front of the fireplace. The announcer says, "Enjoy Ice-Cold Coca-Cola, Sign of Good Taste." The next commercial features the Coca-Cola Santa collectible doll that I blogged about last year. The doll was still a new item then, as it was introduced only a year earlier in 1957. Apparently, the doll can speak, as you see in the commercial.
More on Journey
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History