This week, I'll have a few Coke holiday themed posts to share with you. I'll start off today with a pair of commercials from 1958 that remind us that "Holiday time's a good time for the great taste of Coke." The first commercial shows a family on a toboggan riding down a hill, then making a pit stop to get more Coke before ending up in front of the fireplace. The announcer says, "Enjoy Ice-Cold Coca-Cola, Sign of Good Taste." The next commercial features the Coca-Cola Santa collectible doll that I blogged about last year. The doll was still a new item then, as it was introduced only a year earlier in 1957. Apparently, the doll can speak, as you see in the commercial.
More on Journey
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola