This week, I'll have a few Coke holiday themed posts to share with you. I'll start off today with a pair of commercials from 1958 that remind us that "Holiday time's a good time for the great taste of Coke." The first commercial shows a family on a toboggan riding down a hill, then making a pit stop to get more Coke before ending up in front of the fireplace. The announcer says, "Enjoy Ice-Cold Coca-Cola, Sign of Good Taste." The next commercial features the Coca-Cola Santa collectible doll that I blogged about last year. The doll was still a new item then, as it was introduced only a year earlier in 1957. Apparently, the doll can speak, as you see in the commercial.
More on Journey
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- 'Blizzard' of Taste: How Fresca Lived Up to Its Tagline, Literally, for 1967 Debut in New York
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola