One of the perks of my job is meeting interesting people who are associated with our Company and brands. Today, I gave a tour of the Archives to international recording artist, K'NAAN. African born, K'NAAN learned English from copying the diction and styles from his favorite Hip Hop and rap artist. His song, "Wavin' Flag," was chosen as the official anthem of the 2010 Coca-Cola World Cup program.
I put together a display of some of our Coke and music artifacts. Sorry for the photo quality, but all I had was my cell phone.
More on Journey
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola