One of the perks of my job is meeting interesting people who are associated with our Company and brands. Today, I gave a tour of the Archives to international recording artist, K'NAAN. African born, K'NAAN learned English from copying the diction and styles from his favorite Hip Hop and rap artist. His song, "Wavin' Flag," was chosen as the official anthem of the 2010 Coca-Cola World Cup program.
I put together a display of some of our Coke and music artifacts. Sorry for the photo quality, but all I had was my cell phone.
More on Journey
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy