For the last post highlighting our Earth Day exhibit, I’ll share this bottle cap promotion from Belgium that tested my French language skills. In collaboration with the World Wildlife Fund, The Company created two nature preserves in Belgium in 1978. We ran a bottle crown and poster promotion to collect all of the animals of Belgium found under bottle crowns. Some crowns had the WWF “Panda” symbol and for each “Panda” crown sent in, The Company and its bottlers offered donations to the WWF to build the nature preserve. We actually had to try to recall some French to match up the animals on the bottle caps to their proper locations on the map! (I think we did OK).
More on Journey
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests