For the week of Christmas I am sharing a few holiday themed items from our collection. Today, I am featuring two Canadian signs - one in English and one in French, from 1930 and 1940. The top image is a 1930 Season's Greetings subway sign that has the image of a candle lit on the left side of the sign along with the tag line, "The Pause That Refreshes." Below is a 1940 French version of a Christmas hanger. For our readers who don't speak French, the sign reads "Take home a six-bottle carton of Coca-Cola. 36 cents plus a deposit of 12 cents." We also have the English version of this sign in our collection of items from Canada.
More on Journey
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961