Have you ever wondered what the days of early Coca-Cola bottling looked like? I'm planning a special presentation for employees tomorrow about the history of Coca-Cola bottling, dating back to when bottling began in 1899. I thought I'd share with you this video footage from a 1919 Clarksburg, West Virginia Coca-Cola Bottling Plant showing the bottling process used then. You'll undoubtedly have a couple of laughs, and don't attempt to adjust your speakers - this is a silent film!
Be on the lookout for part two of this video which highlights the bottling process as it was in the 1960s.
More on Journey
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes