Have you ever wondered what the days of early Coca-Cola bottling looked like? I'm planning a special presentation for employees tomorrow about the history of Coca-Cola bottling, dating back to when bottling began in 1899. I thought I'd share with you this video footage from a 1919 Clarksburg, West Virginia Coca-Cola Bottling Plant showing the bottling process used then. You'll undoubtedly have a couple of laughs, and don't attempt to adjust your speakers - this is a silent film!
Be on the lookout for part two of this video which highlights the bottling process as it was in the 1960s.
More on Journey
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?