Have you ever wondered what the days of early Coca-Cola bottling looked like? I'm planning a special presentation for employees tomorrow about the history of Coca-Cola bottling, dating back to when bottling began in 1899. I thought I'd share with you this video footage from a 1919 Clarksburg, West Virginia Coca-Cola Bottling Plant showing the bottling process used then. You'll undoubtedly have a couple of laughs, and don't attempt to adjust your speakers - this is a silent film!
Be on the lookout for part two of this video which highlights the bottling process as it was in the 1960s.
More on Journey
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola