In 1969, we saluted America's lunar astronauts (both present and future) with a television commercial. Before the Apollo 8 lunar flight, everyone wondered what the other side of the moon looked like, so we decided that we would disclose that secret in this commercial. In the beginning, a rocket approaches the moon, and once it makes its way around it reveals what is on the opposite side - the trademark Coca-Cola red disc, of course! As the announcer says, "There is, however, just one little thing you should know about", and a certain jingle plays in the background. Can you name the tune?
More on Journey
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit