In 1969, we saluted America's lunar astronauts (both present and future) with a television commercial. Before the Apollo 8 lunar flight, everyone wondered what the other side of the moon looked like, so we decided that we would disclose that secret in this commercial. In the beginning, a rocket approaches the moon, and once it makes its way around it reveals what is on the opposite side - the trademark Coca-Cola red disc, of course! As the announcer says, "There is, however, just one little thing you should know about", and a certain jingle plays in the background. Can you name the tune?
More on Journey
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961