2009 marks an important milestone for us -- 90 years since Coca-Cola was first bottled in Europe.
The first Coca-Cola bottling plants in Europe opened in 1919 in Paris and Bordeaux, France.
This photo is from France in 1930 and gives a nice view of one of our delivery trucks from the time!
And in case you’re keeping track, Coca-Cola bottling had already begun internationally before 1919. The first three countries outside the United States to bottle Coca-Cola were Canada, Cuba and Panama, all in 1906.
More on Journey
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- Dispensing Refreshment: These Innovations Have Helped Spread the Enjoyment of Coca-Cola Through the Years
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival