At the Pageant of Progress and Industrial Exposition held in Los Angeles in 1923, an innovative approach to put the focus on Coca-Cola was developed by the Los Angeles plant manager.
Visitors to the display booth of the Union Oil Company of California received complimentary glasses of Coca-Cola served from one of their standard gas pumps.
Attendees drank nearly 40 gallons of syrup in this unique dispensing operation!
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History