The Memorial Day Weekend marks the beginning of Summer for most of us. For this week's contest, I have picked a 1934 magazine ad showing a group of people enjoying themselves at a swimming pool. The ad appeared in Good Housekeeping Magazine and is somewhat unusual for the period as it uses black and white photography. Most ads from this period were created by commercial artists.
Your challenge is to create a witty caption for the ad by 5pm on June 3. A winnner will be announced on June 4.Good luck to everyone.
More on Journey
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals