As I mentioned the week before last, Coca-Cola turned 123 years old on May 8th. How would you have liked to have been a fly on the wall when Coca-Cola inventor John Pemberton was in his lab formulating Coca-Cola? I'm giving a presentation tomorrow on the early days of Coca-Cola, and I wanted to give people a glimpse of what it might have looked like with this video. Be sure to check out his mixing instrument! Also included in this short video are some scenes of life at the popular gathering place at that time - the soda fountain. As you will see, fountain operators actually mixed Coca-Cola by hand with a spoon! The times have really changed over the years. Enjoy.
More on Journey
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement