When we interviewed "Mean" Joe Greene last year to capture the oral history of how his famous ad was made, he mentioned to me that he had never received his CLIO award for the commercial. The commercial was awarded two CLIOS in 1980, one for best ad and a second for best male performance. Somehow, Joe never got the hardware. We have been working with the CLIO people, and it has taken a few months, but Joe is going to receive his statuette this weekend at the Steelers game. We should be able to post some video footage of the ceremony next week.
Here is a USA Today article on the celebration.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Honoring a Native Son: Coca-Cola Exhibit, Panel Pay Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and His Nobel Peace Prize
- Video: A Day in the Life of Coke's In-House Art Curator
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961