We had a mystery box delivered to the Archives recently. When we opened the box, we were surprised to discover the costumes of the "Fantanas." Some of you may remember a series of commercials for Fanta from a few years ago that featured a "group" called the Fantanas. Each Fantana represented a different flavor, Orange, Grape, Strawberry and Pineapple. The campaign was discontinued in 2006 and the costumes tucked away in a store room until they found their way to us.
I recently saw on the Fanta website that the Fantanas are going to be reunited once again. This tongue in cheek video gives some of the background.
Meanwhile, enjoy a photograph I took of Orange Fanta's costume.
More on Journey
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership