We have received photographs from Georgia muralist Sonny Franks of a painted wall sign he recently finished in Pontiac, Illinois. Two newspaper (Pontiac) accounts (Gwinnett) detail the origins of the sign and the dedication to Sonny's father.
I wanted to share both the original 1941 Canadian cardboard poster and some of the photos Sonny sent us showing the sign progress.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival