We have received photographs from Georgia muralist Sonny Franks of a painted wall sign he recently finished in Pontiac, Illinois. Two newspaper (Pontiac) accounts (Gwinnett) detail the origins of the sign and the dedication to Sonny's father.
I wanted to share both the original 1941 Canadian cardboard poster and some of the photos Sonny sent us showing the sign progress.
More on Journey
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- The Maple Leaf Forever: How Coca-Cola is Showing its Canadian Pride for Canada 150
- 4 Fun, Little-Known Facts About Fanta