We have received photographs from Georgia muralist Sonny Franks of a painted wall sign he recently finished in Pontiac, Illinois. Two newspaper (Pontiac) accounts (Gwinnett) detail the origins of the sign and the dedication to Sonny's father.
I wanted to share both the original 1941 Canadian cardboard poster and some of the photos Sonny sent us showing the sign progress.
More on Journey
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen