One of the cool parts of my job is working with the history of the many brands we have. If you've seen the new Sprite cans and bottles in the store recently, you may have experienced a little bit of nostalgia. The new Sprite packaging puts a modern, updated spin on its signature look. The new logo connects to the "spark" shape seen in the 1966 can on the left. It also borrows from the other Sprite logos in the images below from 1985 and 1997, respectively. Can you identify any other resemblances to the older cans??
More on Journey
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Video: A Day in the Life of Coke's In-House Art Curator
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives