While Coca-Cola may have been available in bottles or as a fountain product imported from the US, Bottling operations for The Coca-Cola Company began in Mexico in 1926 in the cities of Tampico and Monterrey, Mexico. It did not take long for some of the traditional advertising forms to be used.
This calendar from 1928 is one of the oldest Mexican artifacts we have in our collection. When we were developing the story for section of the Milestones of Refreshment gallery pertaining to international expansion, we knew this calendar had to be included.
Regardless of the language, it is easy to identify the slogan, "Deliciosa Y Refrescante."
More on Journey
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Step Inside the Walmart Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas
- Dispensing Refreshment: These Innovations Have Helped Spread the Enjoyment of Coca-Cola Through the Years
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem