For this week's Spotlight on The World of
Coca-Cola feature, we've got a special treat. Did you know that you can relive the best Coca-Cola television advertising throughout the years and around the world in the Perfect Pauses Theater on level two of the World of Coke? You can see many of your favorite Coca-Cola commercials here, including the famous 'Hilltop' commercial, often called 'I'd Like to Buy The World A Coke.' After the commercial was released in July, 1971, we received 10,000 letters from consumers within 10 days of the first air date, and radio stations around the country were inundated with requests for the song, which would later become a top 40 hit. The song has been remade more than 75 times! I'd thought we'd share the commercial with you. Enjoy!
More on Journey
- 16 Features From 2016 That Are Worth a Second Look
- Opinion: Setting the Record Straight on Coke, Racism and Civil Rights
- Carhop To It: 5 Classic American Drive-In Restaurants
- Video: A Day in the Life of Coke's In-House Art Curator
- Bottleneck Blues: How Slide Guitarists Use the Coke Bottle to Make Sweet Music