I recently ran across this article about about some students at Lincoln County High School in Lincolnton, Georgia, who performed research, found matching paint colors, and are restoring an old Coca-Cola wall sign from the 1930s as a school project under direction from their art teacher.
News Article on Students Restoring Sign
It is exciting to see the students rediscover a form of advertising that Coke introduced in 1984 in Gainesville, Georgia that has virtually disappeared today.
I will continue to monitor their progress and hope to update you when the sign is completed.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests