I recently ran across this article about about some students at Lincoln County High School in Lincolnton, Georgia, who performed research, found matching paint colors, and are restoring an old Coca-Cola wall sign from the 1930s as a school project under direction from their art teacher.
News Article on Students Restoring Sign
It is exciting to see the students rediscover a form of advertising that Coke introduced in 1984 in Gainesville, Georgia that has virtually disappeared today.
I will continue to monitor their progress and hope to update you when the sign is completed.
More on Journey
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership