I recently discovered a blog by Daniel Putkowski, a Philadelphia native and part-time resident of the island of Aruba who has written two novels about life on that island. He also authors a blog called The Bent Page that has has several interesting references to Coca-Cola. In one post, he wrote about the pleasure of having the 8oz glass bottles readily available on Aruba, while in another he enjoyed his Coke from reproduction straight sided bottles at a book signing in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. Just a few days ago, he blogged about a display case of Coke memorabilia in a gift shop at one of the incredible natural bridges found on Aruba.
Check it out when you have a minute at:http://bentpage.wordpress.com/.
If you have seen similar references to Coke on other blogs, I would love to hear about it.
More on Journey
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History