I recently discovered a blog by Daniel Putkowski, a Philadelphia native and part-time resident of the island of Aruba who has written two novels about life on that island. He also authors a blog called The Bent Page that has has several interesting references to Coca-Cola. In one post, he wrote about the pleasure of having the 8oz glass bottles readily available on Aruba, while in another he enjoyed his Coke from reproduction straight sided bottles at a book signing in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. Just a few days ago, he blogged about a display case of Coke memorabilia in a gift shop at one of the incredible natural bridges found on Aruba.
Check it out when you have a minute at:http://bentpage.wordpress.com/.
If you have seen similar references to Coke on other blogs, I would love to hear about it.
More on Journey
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- 4 Fun, Little-Known Facts About Fanta