There will be a new series of collectible Coke cans in stores this summer here in the US. The limited edition “Coca-Cola Cans of Summer” will hit the shelves just in time for Memorial Day.
For the first time ever, five different designs synonymous with summertime – including a BBQ grill, surfboard, beach ball, sunglasses and stars & stripes – will be featured on Coca-Cola 12 ounce cans. I’m sure collectors will want to look out for these. Although I’m not sure what order the cans will be released in, I’ve heard that a new design will debut every few weeks through Labor Day.
More on Journey
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives