Did you know that on this day 123 years ago, the first ad for Coca-Cola was published in The Atlanta Journal? John Pemberton, the founder of Coca-Cola immediately advertised his product as "Delicious! Refreshing! Exhilirating! Invigorating!" I did an interview yesterday for City Cafe , an Atlanta public radio station show. In it, I talked about the very earliest days of Coke, and we were standing right outside the very location where Coca-Cola was first sold - Jacob's Pharmacy in Atlanta. Although nothing from the original pharmacy still exists, I thought you might enjoy seeing the first ad, and while you're at it, take a listen to the interview here.
More on Journey
- Honoring a Native Son: Coca-Cola Exhibit, Panel Pay Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and His Nobel Peace Prize
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement