Did you know that on this day 123 years ago, the first ad for Coca-Cola was published in The Atlanta Journal? John Pemberton, the founder of Coca-Cola immediately advertised his product as "Delicious! Refreshing! Exhilirating! Invigorating!" I did an interview yesterday for City Cafe , an Atlanta public radio station show. In it, I talked about the very earliest days of Coke, and we were standing right outside the very location where Coca-Cola was first sold - Jacob's Pharmacy in Atlanta. Although nothing from the original pharmacy still exists, I thought you might enjoy seeing the first ad, and while you're at it, take a listen to the interview here.
More on Journey
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- The Maple Leaf Forever: How Coca-Cola is Showing its Canadian Pride for Canada 150
- Meet Canada's Top Coca-Cola Collector
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?