This week for our Spotlight on the World of Coca-Cola we wanted to celebrate our biggest fans, Coca-Cola Collectors. Just in case you have not had a chance to visit the World of Coke, I am posting the video that runs in the Collectors Corner section of the Pop Culture Gallery.
The video was directed by acclaimed documentary filmmaker, DA Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus and was shot at The Coca-Cola Collectors Club's conventions in Pittsburgh and Atlanta and in collectors homes or museums in Reading Pennsylvania, Avignon France, Lausanne Switzerland and Taiwan.
I love this video because I believe it represents that best of the collectors world, people who are brought together by their common love of collecting. Having attended many conventions, I know they love to trade stories of their latest find, items they are still looking for and even more importantly sharing time with friends.
More on Journey
- Honoring a Native Son: Coca-Cola Exhibit, Panel Pay Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and His Nobel Peace Prize
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times