For last week’s Friday Fun contest, I asked you to give me funny captions for this picture of a skiing waiter, balancing a tray of Coke bottles, from Switzerland in the 1950s.
You sent in some great captions!
- ...5 bottles of Coke on my palm, 5 bottles of Coke, If one of these bottles should happen to fall, 4 bottles of Coke on my palm.
- Never taking a pause anywhere to bring you the refreshing taste of Coke.
- My sign says "Pause", but this hill and skis says otherwise.
- I'm glad I was able to talk them out of ordering a case of
- The day Frozen Coke was invented.
- I don't need a 'Pause' coz' I am serving to Claus!
- Coke keeps me balanced!
- Bond makes another clean getaway, this time with the good stuff!
- Whiz ... I had one (or five)!
- I told our waiter that I would like him to serve a free round of Cokes but I guess he thought I said "Ski down with Cokes."
- Gratuity Deserved!
- Too bad being such a SKI-llful
Coca-Colawaiter, there is still no help for the opening of extremely shaken coca cola!
- ICE OR SNOW,
COKES A GO!
WIND OR RAIN,
COKE STILL THE SAME!
- "Thirst Knows No Season!"
- When it feels like life is going downhill. Jeeves says "I say ol' chap, slow down,'shoosh' up, and take a break. Everything's better with Coke!"
- I say: pause talk, take (1,2,3,4,5) a bottle Coke refresh mouth and play your talk!!!:)
- "The road to the Lodge is iced over, Boss, but I found a way to get to our Customers!"
- He took after both sides of the family--- His Mom was a waitress, and his Dad won the Gold in the 1980 Winter Olympic Downhill Ski-Jump!
- Mais oui, the last Coke of the 6-pack is in my cumberbund. Skis don't fail me now!
- Ice cold
Coca-Colatastes great going down.
- Sorry sir, I lost the other bottle of Coke on the jump, but I still have five and they are ice cold.
- I say sir, Cokes for the basketball team, coming right down the slope.
- Alfred the Butler does as Batman requested, "Go get Robin and myself an Ice Cold Coke and meet us at the Bat-Ski Lodge.”
- I must be one short of a 6 pack to do this job.
- From the Swiss Alps News:
Penguins are now being used to serve ice cold Cokes to resort skiers. They are equipped with tiny skis and a PAUSE Coke sign. And they balance up to five bottles of Coke on an iceberg. "This is quite the attraction and very refreshing" said Jean Claude Killy, World Cup Champion.
- Down the slopes with some 'dopes'
- I assure you, sir, Swiss Cokes only come in 5-packs.
- Straight from the vendo is ok but these are as cold and Refreshing as you'd want! MMMMMM Coke on Ice
And the winner is: “Bond makes another clean getaway, this time with the good stuff!,” sent in by Somebodyunfamous. Congratulations! I’ll send you a prize from my
Thanks to everyone who sent in such clever captions! Please check back tomorrow for our next Friday Fun contest.
More on Journey
- Inspired Objects: Artist Burton Morris Reinterprets Pop Culture Icons
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
Coca-ColaBrands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Opinion: Setting the Record Straight on Coke, Racism and Civil Rights