For this week’s Friday Fun contest, I thought this 1950 “Host to Thirsty Main Street” ad would provide good inspiration.
The elfin character Sprite Boy was introduced in the 1940s and remains popular on collectibles. One thing you might be able to use in your caption: Sprite Boy has no body! He’s just a head and bow tie, and sometimes a set of hands.
The game: Send me your funny, clever or “punny” caption for this Sprite Boy ad. (Use the “comments” area below this post.) Submit your captions by 5 PM on Wednesday, Jan. 21 (EST)
The prize: I’ll announce the winning caption on Thursday, Jan. 22. The winner will receive a Coca-Cola prize from my “goodie closet.”
More on Journey
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)