For this week’s Friday Fun contest, I thought this 1950 “Host to Thirsty Main Street” ad would provide good inspiration.
The elfin character Sprite Boy was introduced in the 1940s and remains popular on collectibles. One thing you might be able to use in your caption: Sprite Boy has no body! He’s just a head and bow tie, and sometimes a set of hands.
The game: Send me your funny, clever or “punny” caption for this Sprite Boy ad. (Use the “comments” area below this post.) Submit your captions by 5 PM on Wednesday, Jan. 21 (EST)
The prize: I’ll announce the winning caption on Thursday, Jan. 22. The winner will receive a Coca-Cola prize from my “goodie closet.”
More on Journey
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History