Diet Coke, which is also known as Coca-Cola Light in many countries, celebrated 25 years in Spain with a splash. In celebration of this milestone, a billboard made of 15,000 limited edition bottles of Coca-Cola light was unveiled at the Oscar Room Mate Hotel in Madrid. Check out the time-lapse YouTube video below, and also be sure to click here and then click on 'Making of' for another interesting clip of the making of the billboard and campaign which details how each bottle was tied together and strung up over the hotel's facade. The anniversary celebration also included events with well known Spanish celebrities, such as Kike Sarasola, Nieves Alvarez.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Honoring a Native Son: Coca-Cola Exhibit, Panel Pay Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and His Nobel Peace Prize
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals