Today, July 12th, marks the 25th anniversary of the first serving of Coca-Cola in space. The original Space Can was used aboard the Space Shuttle, Challenger. I have blogged about Coke in space before, but I ran across this print ad the other day. It has always been one of my favorites. If you are in Atlanta, we do have one of the original space cans and space dispensers on display at The World of Coca-Cola, look for them in the vending section of the Milestones Exhibit.
More on Journey
- 4 Fun, Little-Known Facts About Fanta
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- 2,000 Pieces and 28 Years Later: Life-Sized Coke Puzzle Nears Completion
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem