Today, July 12th, marks the 25th anniversary of the first serving of Coca-Cola in space. The original Space Can was used aboard the Space Shuttle, Challenger. I have blogged about Coke in space before, but I ran across this print ad the other day. It has always been one of my favorites. If you are in Atlanta, we do have one of the original space cans and space dispensers on display at The World of Coca-Cola, look for them in the vending section of the Milestones Exhibit.
More on Journey
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History