As a native of Atlanta, I grew up with The Varsity. I always loved it when our family would make the trip to midtown for a dinner and sit in one of the television rooms. When I was at college at Emory University we would head down to North Avenue for lunch at least once a week and now that I am at Coke headquarters I love to walk over for a great lunch. In other words, I am a huge fan.
In addition to all the meals, I also grew up hearing all the stories about The Varsity and I enjoyed my interview with Gordon Muir, the manager and grandson of founder Frank Gordy, as an opportunity to discuss all these legends. This is the first of two videos we will be posting and I hope that you enjoy learning about the long term partnership between The Coca-Cola Company and the worlds largest drive-in.
More on Journey
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership