As a native of Atlanta, I grew up with The Varsity. I always loved it when our family would make the trip to midtown for a dinner and sit in one of the television rooms. When I was at college at Emory University we would head down to North Avenue for lunch at least once a week and now that I am at Coke headquarters I love to walk over for a great lunch. In other words, I am a huge fan.
In addition to all the meals, I also grew up hearing all the stories about The Varsity and I enjoyed my interview with Gordon Muir, the manager and grandson of founder Frank Gordy, as an opportunity to discuss all these legends. This is the first of two videos we will be posting and I hope that you enjoy learning about the long term partnership between The Coca-Cola Company and the worlds largest drive-in.
More on Journey
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- 2,000 Pieces and 28 Years Later: Life-Sized Coke Puzzle Nears Completion
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?