There are not too many promotional materials associated with St. Patrick's Day, but we do have one piece in the collection that fits in that category. In 1996, the Olympic Council of Ireland issued a commemorative pin on the great saint's feast day to help support the Irish Olympic team as they were preparing for the Atlanta Olympics.
When I was in Graduate School at Syracuse University, the focus of the St. Patrick's Day celebration occurred in the Tipperary Hill section of town. A largely Irish community, it may be the only place in the world that features a traffic signal where the green light is in the top position!
More on Journey
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again