There are not too many promotional materials associated with St. Patrick's Day, but we do have one piece in the collection that fits in that category. In 1996, the Olympic Council of Ireland issued a commemorative pin on the great saint's feast day to help support the Irish Olympic team as they were preparing for the Atlanta Olympics.
When I was in Graduate School at Syracuse University, the focus of the St. Patrick's Day celebration occurred in the Tipperary Hill section of town. A largely Irish community, it may be the only place in the world that features a traffic signal where the green light is in the top position!
More on Journey
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals