While my wife and kids were on vacation in Seattle last week I received a text from them with a photograph of the menu from the 5 Spot restaurant. The portion of the menu she sent me offered Coca-Cola Brisket and they wanted to let me know because they knew how much I loved to find places that serve Coke as an ingredient.
The 5 Spot is interesting in that the menu and the interior decor have changed over time as they have completed a regional food festival altering the menu every few months to focus on a different region of the US. While my family was there, Seattle was the theme and the place was decorated with computer paraphernalia and grunge band flannel shirts.
I e-mailed Jessica Skye Bolt who is the General Manager of the 5 Spot and she said that the Coca-Cola Brisket was added to the menu more that 10 years ago when they were focusing on the food of Brooklyn and wanted a good brisket recipe. It has been a top seller ever since. In fact, they sell out of it every night, so if you are in the Seattle area looking for a good meal, make sure to get there early. I know my family loved it!
More on Journey
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- 'Blizzard' of Taste: How Fresca Lived Up to Its Tagline, Literally, for 1967 Debut in New York