For our Spotlight on the World of Coca-Cola, we are going back in time to highlight one of the premiums which would have been given to our customers as an incentive to sell more Coca-Cola.
The image to the right is an apothecary scale which were given to druggists whose stores purchased 125 gallons of Coca-Cola syrup.
We can document the year this scale was distributed as 1896. In this case, we have the 1896 premium brochure which notes that the scale has 8-inch nickel pans in a cherry box with a marble top and glass dial. Look in your attic because if you have a scale like this, it might be worth between $ 5,000 to 10,000 dollars.
More on Journey
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Video: A Day in the Life of Coke's In-House Art Curator
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola