I recently received a facebook message from a collector who wanted to share his stories. I have pasted in his comments below. I would also like to mention that The Coca-Cola Collectors Club is an organization that will allow you to share your stories and passion with friends around the world.
My name is Edward Wong Chee Mun and I am from Malaysia. I started Collection Coke sine 1999. At that time I worked in Singapore where one day I went to a friends house. When I entered the house I saw a big group of Coke Bottles in his room. Then he gave me my first bottle, an old USA bottle. From that Day I began collecting Coke.When I started to collect, I was asking my relatives and friends who were traveling to help me buy bottles. Then, after I have a computer, I used the internet to find friends and make trades.
The first year, I really was crazy to trade, every month, I spend a hundred dollars for trading. This slowly, I began to be choosier and select the Coke cans and bottles I wanted to collect.
Now, most of the items I collect are the can sets and the aluminum bottles and my room is full of my collection (also my cupboard is full.)
One thing I like about collecting Coke is to know a lot of the world collectors. I have also met a number of Coke collectors in China, Thailand, Belgium, and Singapore. When they come, I bring them to look and my collection and we drink and talk about Coke.
You can log in my collection site and have a look.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times