While I have blogged before about the Coca-Cola guitar created out of recycled material, I wanted to tell you about one of our more popular items in our collection. The Coca-Cola branded Fender Stratocaster guitar to the left is always a highlight on the tours of the Archives we give to our marketing colleagues.
This guitar came to the Archives via one of our German bottlers where it was reportedly played by Eric Clapton as part of a promotion in the mid 1990s. I have displayed it as part of several exhibitions on Coca-Cola and pop culture and we will be using it as the centerpiece of an upcoming exhibit on Coke and music. I will miss it when it goes on tour.
More on Journey
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals