Today, February 3rd, is Norman Rockwell's birthday. I posted a few weeks ago about the new painting by Rockwell that we had acquired, but I wanted to take the occasion of his birthday to spread the word that we are still looking for three of his paintings used for Coca-Cola ads in the 1920s and 1930s. We periodically spread the word about the missing artwork, so let us know if you have ever seen any of these three, and Happy Birthday Norman!
More on Journey
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler