We are celebrating 40 years of Earth Day here in the US, and Coke has been along for the green ride since the beginning. I told you all last year about the Ecology Kit called Man In His Environment that Coke put out in 1970 as a way to teach about environmental issues and the impact of everyday decisions on the environment. We had a few readers comment that they actually remember playing the game, so I thought this video from the Archives might ring a bell for those of you familiar with it, and be a good overview for those who had not heard of it.
More on Journey
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria