Happy New Year to all of our friends and patrons, as the 1953 print ad from the Philippines on the left says. Coke was introduced in the Philippines in 1927, and I thought today we'd share two Happy New Year ads from our Philippines collection. The ad with fireworks is from 1950 and the line at the bottom in Filipino is translated: "Listen to the program "The Pause that Refreshes on the Air", Tuesday and Sunday, 8:00 - 8:30.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement
- Honoring a Native Son: Coca-Cola Exhibit, Panel Pay Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and His Nobel Peace Prize
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola