Happy New Year to all of our friends and patrons, as the 1953 print ad from the Philippines on the left says. Coke was introduced in the Philippines in 1927, and I thought today we'd share two Happy New Year ads from our Philippines collection. The ad with fireworks is from 1950 and the line at the bottom in Filipino is translated: "Listen to the program "The Pause that Refreshes on the Air", Tuesday and Sunday, 8:00 - 8:30.
More on Journey
- 'Blizzard' of Taste: How Fresca Lived Up to Its Tagline, Literally, for 1967 Debut in New York
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- 2,000 Pieces and 28 Years Later: Life-Sized Coke Puzzle Nears Completion
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria