Happy New Year to all of our friends and patrons, as the 1953 print ad from the Philippines on the left says. Coke was introduced in the Philippines in 1927, and I thought today we'd share two Happy New Year ads from our Philippines collection. The ad with fireworks is from 1950 and the line at the bottom in Filipino is translated: "Listen to the program "The Pause that Refreshes on the Air", Tuesday and Sunday, 8:00 - 8:30.
More on Journey
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961