Tomorrow is the final leg of the Triple Crown - the Belmont Stakes in New York. In 1947, Coke printed a poster series, called "All Time Favorites" and Man O' War was the All Time Racing Favorite, having won the Belmont Stakes in 1920. Only two animals were featured in the poster series, Man O' War and the hunting dog, Colonial Lady M.
In the World of Coca-Cola, Sports and Entertainment gallery, other posters from the series are on display. Don Budge - tennis, Bobby Jones - golfing, Helene Madison - swimming, Ty Cobb - baseball, and Red Grange - football.
Today, this Man O' War poster would be worth $200 and the complete set of 10 posters in the original envelope would be worth $4,000.
More on Journey
- Video: Porsche Highlights Coca-Cola History in Jaw-Dropping Display
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Coca-Cola Salesman's Career in Mississippi Started During Civil Rights Movement