I had to do some research today on one of our most famous commercials. One of our advertising colleagues needed some information on the "Hilltop" ad which featured the famous "I'd Like to Buy the World a Coke" jingle. It is still considered one of the best Coca-Cola ads of all time and the song is considered an anthem of a generation. If you are curious how the song was born out of a London fog, check out this detailed history of the song and ad we wrote for the Library of Congress advertising website.
We also posted a pretty good version of the ad to our YouTube channel. Enjoy!
More on Journey
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961