I had to do some research today on one of our most famous commercials. One of our advertising colleagues needed some information on the "Hilltop" ad which featured the famous "I'd Like to Buy the World a Coke" jingle. It is still considered one of the best Coca-Cola ads of all time and the song is considered an anthem of a generation. If you are curious how the song was born out of a London fog, check out this detailed history of the song and ad we wrote for the Library of Congress advertising website.
We also posted a pretty good version of the ad to our YouTube channel. Enjoy!
More on Journey
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- 10 Artists, 10 Bottles and 10 Stories: Meet the Atlantans Behind World of Coca-Cola’s Newest Exhibit