I had to do some research today on one of our most famous commercials. One of our advertising colleagues needed some information on the "Hilltop" ad which featured the famous "I'd Like to Buy the World a Coke" jingle. It is still considered one of the best Coca-Cola ads of all time and the song is considered an anthem of a generation. If you are curious how the song was born out of a London fog, check out this detailed history of the song and ad we wrote for the Library of Congress advertising website.
We also posted a pretty good version of the ad to our YouTube channel. Enjoy!
More on Journey
- Video: A Day in the Life of Coke's In-House Art Curator
- Honoring a Native Son: Coca-Cola Exhibit, Panel Pay Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and His Nobel Peace Prize
- Meet Shirley Hasley: The Accidental Coke Model Who Helped Make History
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival