In celebration of NASCAR Day 2010, I've decided to featurea NASCAR hood that is on display at the World of Coca-Cola in the Sports and Entertainment Gallery. While it might seem unusual to pair basketball and car racing, LeBron James was featured on a NASCAR hood as a sponsor of Powerade in 2005. NASCAR Day is the third Friday in May and falls on May 21st this year. This day highlights charitable organizations that benefit children and adults alike.
When we were installing this hood in the display case, it was initially too wide to fit in the case. As a last resort, our exhibit designers decided to bend the hood as much as possible until it narrowly squeezed in.
More on Journey
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership