Today is National Donut Day. Celebrated on the first Friday of June, the day was created in 1938 by Salvation Army volunteers who first served coffee and donuts to soldiers on the front lines of World War I. Here is a 1954 advertising dangler from our collection that features a Coke and donuts.
More on Journey
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen