Today is National Donut Day. Celebrated on the first Friday of June, the day was created in 1938 by Salvation Army volunteers who first served coffee and donuts to soldiers on the front lines of World War I. Here is a 1954 advertising dangler from our collection that features a Coke and donuts.
More on Journey
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria
- Why the Coca-Cola Archives is Digitizing More than 6,000 Analog Tapes
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961