Today is National Donut Day. Celebrated on the first Friday of June, the day was created in 1938 by Salvation Army volunteers who first served coffee and donuts to soldiers on the front lines of World War I. Here is a 1954 advertising dangler from our collection that features a Coke and donuts.
More on Journey
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Step Inside the Walmart Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- How is a Famous Normal Rockwell Illustration Connected to a Coca-Cola Bottler in Virginia?
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem