Readers of the blog will know that I have several calendars I use that list interesting "days" which I draw on for blog ideas. My personal favorite is still Star Wars Day, " May The Fourth Be With You." When I noted in yesterdays post that I was going to skip today as National Trail Mix Day, I received a note pointing out that August 31st is also National Eat Outdoors Day. The poster asked me if there was a day any better for a Coca-Cola than that? You win, Mary. Enjoy this 1949 print ad with a beautiful outdoor picnic scene.
More on Journey
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola
- Ghost Signs Before They Were Ghosts: Preserving a Rare Photo Album for the Coca-Cola Archives