Readers of the blog will know that I have several calendars I use that list interesting "days" which I draw on for blog ideas. My personal favorite is still Star Wars Day, " May The Fourth Be With You." When I noted in yesterdays post that I was going to skip today as National Trail Mix Day, I received a note pointing out that August 31st is also National Eat Outdoors Day. The poster asked me if there was a day any better for a Coca-Cola than that? You win, Mary. Enjoy this 1949 print ad with a beautiful outdoor picnic scene.
More on Journey
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961
- Sitting In and Standing Up: Unsung Heroes of Civil Rights Movement Reflect on Soda Fountain Protests
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- How Italy Celebrates Carnival
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy