Readers of the blog will know that I have several calendars I use that list interesting "days" which I draw on for blog ideas. My personal favorite is still Star Wars Day, " May The Fourth Be With You." When I noted in yesterdays post that I was going to skip today as National Trail Mix Day, I received a note pointing out that August 31st is also National Eat Outdoors Day. The poster asked me if there was a day any better for a Coca-Cola than that? You win, Mary. Enjoy this 1949 print ad with a beautiful outdoor picnic scene.
More on Journey
- Meet Mr K: Fred Kirkpatrick, 97, Celebrates 80 Years With Coca-Cola
- ‘What is Coca-Cola?’ Why the Brand Has Appeared on Jeopardy! 200+ Times
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- The Story of Frank O'Hara's ‘Having a Coke With You’ Poem
- Dispensing Refreshment: These Innovations Have Helped Spread the Enjoyment of Coca-Cola Through the Years